By F.E. Bailey
A entire remedy of a big kinfolk of polymers important in a variety of purposes in such fields as car, pharmaceutical, beauty, metal-working, mining, commercial coating, fabric, development, and residential furniture. Summarizes the chemistry and mechanisms; presents simple prepa
Read Online or Download Alkylene Oxides and Their Polymers PDF
Similar physical chemistry books
Diffusion in metals is a crucial phenomenon, which has many purposes, for instance in all types of metal and aluminum creation, in alloy formation (technical purposes e. g. in superconductivity and semiconductor science). during this ebook the knowledge on diffusion in metals are proven, either in graphs and in equations.
Explores issues reminiscent of immobilized and supported catalysts; solid-acid, base-metal, heterogeneous, stereoselective, and Raney-type catalysis.
Content material: Fourier remodel infrared spectroscopy in colloid and interface technological know-how : an summary / David R. Scheuing -- CD₂ rocking modes as quantitative Fourier remodel infrared spectroscopic probes of conformational ailment in phospholipid bilayers / Richard Mendelsohn and Mark Allen Davies -- strain tuning Fourier remodel infrared and Raman spectroscopy of anionic surfactants / Patrick T.
"Stable radicals- molecules with strange electrons that are sufficiently lengthy lived to be studied or remoted utilizing traditional ideas- have loved a protracted historical past and are of present curiosity for a vast array of primary and utilized purposes, for instance to review and force novel chemical reactions, within the improvement of rechargeable batteries or the research of loose radical reactions within the physique.
- Biopolymers at Interfaces, Second Edition (Surfactant Science)
- Electrically conductive adhesives
- Catalytic Arylation Methods: From the Academic Lab to Industrial Processes
- Computer-Assisted Organic Synthesis
- Reduced Density Matrices in Quantum Chemistry (Theoretical chemistry; a series of monographs ; v. 6)
Extra info for Alkylene Oxides and Their Polymers
22. B. L. Van Duuren, L. Langseth, B. M. Goldschmidt, and L. Orris, J. Nat. Cancer Inst. 39 (6):1217 (Dec. 1967). Bibliography S. A. Cogswell, ''Ethylene Oxide, Marketing Research Report," in Chemical Economics Handbook, SRI International, Menlo Park, 1986. A. O. Masilungen, "Propylene Oxide, Marketing Report," in Chemical Economics Handbook, SRI International, Menlo Park, 1984. Page 26 Glycols (G. O. ), Reinhold Publishing Company, ACS Monograph Series, New York, 1952. Y. Okamoto, Polymer Preprints 25:264 (1984); S.
5. 1047. 6. OSHA, 53 Federal Register 11414 (4/6/88); J. Coatings Tech. 60 (7):20 (1988). 7. G. D. Clayton and F. E. Clayton, Patty's Hygiene and Toxicology, V2B, Toxicology, John Wiley & Sons, New York, 1981, p. 3109. Page 25 8. K. M. :78–83 (October 1988). 9. A. Phatak, C. M. Burns, and R. Y. N. Huang, J. Appl. Polymer Sci. 34:1835 (1987). 10. T. L. Caskey, Mod. Plastics 45:148 (1967). 11. Imperial Chemical Ind. , The Handling and Storage of Ethylene Oxide, CPP4, The Chemical Industries Safety & Health Council of the Chemical Industries Association, London, August 1975.
G. Farbenindustrie, AG (13). It was during the 1940s that the base-initiated polymerization of propylene oxide began to be used to produce products that are still in use today (14). In a series of patents by H. R. Rife and F. H. Roberts (15), poly (propylene oxide)s are described that are initiated in the presence of alcohols to produce ether propoxylates. These liquid polymers had methoxy or butoxy groups on one end of the polyether chain and were used as lubricants and hydraulic fluids. This work was quickly followed by other derivatives, which included esters and mixed alkoxylates of propylene oxide and ethylene oxide (16).